Two Exciting Events with the Cambridge Women's Commission in December!
From: Shield, Emily (eshieldcambridgema.gov)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2016 11:18:24 -0800 (PST)

PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR NETWORKS!

December 1

Art Meets Social Change: Celebrating Transition House’s 40 Year of Activism & Advocacy in Cambridge (our Women&Words! quarterly event)

7pm   City Hall Annex, 344 Broadway

Join us to preview the 40 Stories Project, a collection of very short videos that bring a kaleidoscopic perspective to Transition House’s work to end domestic violence. Each video tells a personal story from the perspective of community members—survivors of violence, human rights advocates, social change agents and policy makers. Refreshments will be served.  You’ll be surprised and leave inspired!

December 13

Holiday shopping with a conscience and fundraiser for Tutoring Plus (our Women in Cambridge monthly event)

6pm   Ten Thousand Villages, 694 Mass Ave., Central Square

It is that time of year again! We are headed to Ten Thousand Villages where we will have great apps, beverages, and our run of the store.  Ten Thousand Villages is very generously donating 15% of all sales to our featured non profit: Tutoring Plus, a local Cambridge non-profit that provides free tutoring services to students in Cambridge. They are an amazing resource for students, run with a skeleton crew and lots of volunteers. We are looking forward to learning more about their organization while taking care of our holiday shopping list.

Emily Shield

Cambridge Women’s Commission

51 Inman St.

Cambridge, MA 02139