Women's History Month is here!
From: Shield, Emily (eshieldcambridgema.gov)
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2018 08:38:50 -0800 (PST)

Dear Friends of the Cambridge Women’s Commission,

March is Women’s History Month and International Women’s Day is March 8!  Celebrate women, and all people, by joining us at these inspirational and energizing local events.  All events are free and open to all genders.

More information can be found at www.cambridgewomenscommission.org. Please share with your networks!

Thank you,

Emily and Kimberly

Women&Words! An International Perspective on Domestic Violence Prevention: An evening with Esther Kisaghu

TONIGHT! March 1, 7-8:30pm

City Hall Annex, 344 Broadway

In celebration of International Women’s Day and Women’s History Month, Kenyan author, activist, educator, and survivor, Esther Kisaghu, will share her inspiring personal story and how she is addressing the root causes of domestic violence in Kenya through her non-profit, The Rose Foundation.

Contemporary Women of Color Making History

TONIGHT! Thursday, March 1, 2018, 6:30-7:30pm

Cambridge Main Library

An evening panel presented by We, Ceremony in collaboration with the Cambridge Public Library. Learn from the personal narratives and journey of three local women of color who are changing Boston and beyond. Through this conversation, we aim to inspire and mobilize our guests to take actionable steps to combat the different "isms" that challenge their lives. Sponsored by the Friends of the Cambridge Public Library.

Speaking up and out: Women reshaping the media narrative

Thursday, March 8, 8-10am

Simmons College, Paresky Conference Center

Join us as we celebrate International Women’s Day with an informative discussion among leaders in women’s advocacy. Our panelists will explore women centered media, the challenges inherent in the absence of women’s representation, and what we achieve when we elevate women’s voices.

Cambridge Senior Center Women’s History Month Event

Tuesday, March 13, 1pm

Citywide Senior Center, Mass Ave. Central Square.

The Cambridge Senior Center and Cambridge Women’s Commission present a discussion on the “current status of women and the challenges that they face.”

Women in Cambridge: Networking and Socializing for Women in Business

Monday, March 19, 5:30-7pm

Miracle of Science, 321 Mass Ave. Cambridge

After a brief hibernation this winter, Women in Cambridge is reemerging this spring stronger, more vibrant, and more fun than ever! Join us for some informal networking, time to share a little about who we are, and briefly hear from the Cambridge Women's Commission, a department within the City of Cambridge who helps organize Women in Cambridge, as well as many other exciting events, lectures, and programs throughout Cambridge.

The Women’s March: Stories of Energy, Unity, and Activism

Wednesday, March 21 6-7:30pm

Cambridge Main Library

Please join us for a screening of the compelling new documentary Women’s March (30 mins). Filmed at Women’s Marches in five U.S. cities, including Boston, the film explores democracy, human rights, and what it means to stand up for your values in today’s America.

Following the film, we will have a panel discussion with local women who are creating powerful movements in our community.

Cambridge City Council Women’s History Month Event

Thursday, March 22

Cambridge Public Library

A panel discussion with the four women Cambridge City Councilors.

2nd Annual Trailblazing Women Communal Reading & Community Conversation

Wednesday March 28, 5:45-8pm

Cambridge City Hall

Honoring local trailblazing women, and including a group reading and community conversation on racism.

Emily Shield

Cambridge Women’s Commission

51 Inman St.

Cambridge, MA 02139