March 21 - Women's March: A documentary film about democracy & human rights, film screening & panel discussion
From: Shield, Emily (eshieldcambridgema.gov)
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2018 09:07:10 -0700 (PDT)

PLEASE JOIN US NEXT WEDNESDAY 3/21!

Women's March: A documentary film about democracy and human rights

Wednesday, March 21 6-7:30pm
Cambridge Library, Auditorium

Please join us for a screening of the compelling new documentary
Women’s March (30 mins). Filmed at Women’s Marches in five U.S. cities, including Boston, the film explores democracy, human rights, and what it means to stand up for your values in today’s America.

Following the film, we will have a panel discussion with three local women who are creating powerful movements in our community:

Mary Wallace Collins, lifelong activist, was the originator and one of the organizers of the Boston Women's March which drew 175,000 people to Boston Common in January 2017.

Stephanie Guirand is an intercollegiate graduate student at the University of London's LSE & SOAS schools. Her research is focused on gender and poverty reduction.

Hayat Imam is a Muslim feminist-activist committed to building global social justice movements. Hayat was a keynote speaker at the 2017 Boston Women's March.

This event is co-sponsored by the Cambridge Women's Commission and the Cambridge Women's Heritage Project

  • (no other messages in thread)