CCTV Women's Retrospective - August 5th from 12-6pm
From: Shield, Emily (eshieldcambridgema.gov)
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 09:14:46 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Cambridge Women’s Commission community,

This Sunday, August 5, CCTV is having a fun, joyous, and fascinating event at their studios at 438 Massachusetts Avenue. We hope you can join us!

For the past 30 years, CCTV has been a birthplace to many different kinds of significant content. From local politics to international music to 21st century enlightenment to educational videos about slime - people have been coming to this space to exercise their creative freedom and produce content that help share their message to the world. This year, CCTV will spotlight the stories that women have shared through their channels since 1988 with an 6-hour retrospective of videos that were created, directed, produced, influenced, or inspired by the women of CCTV.

How It Works:

This screening will run for 6 hours straight - from 12pm to 6pm - on Sunday August 5th. Viewers are encouraged to come and go as you please. Watch for an hour, go get lunch, come back, watch for another hour, go get dinner - make a day out of it !

We have arranged the content into 3 themes:

Art & Culture - 12:30-2:30pm

News & Public Affairs - 2:30pm-4:30pm

New Talent - 4:30pm-5:30pm

We will also have two VERY SPECIAL screenings of Karen Aqua's magical videos to open and close the retrospective. We will show "Vis a Vis" from 12:00-12:30pm and "Twist of Fate" from 5:30-6:00pm.

FB event: https://www.facebook.com/events/298434104061953/

Promotional video: https://www.facebook.com/cctvcambridge/videos/10156338957024564/

Thank you,

Emily Shield